Transfer View Ownership

I’m leaving my current role and have a replacement taking over our Panoply instance. In the past, I’ve noticed that when switching between users I’m unable to make changes to a view if I’m not the owner, so I’d like to make sure that they can make any changes to our views that are needed. Most likely my work email/Panoply username will be removed shortly after I leave.

I’ve tried the ALTER TABLE view OWNER TO user, but I’m getting syntax errors with the @ in the username. I’ve tried escaping\ and quote_literal, inputing as a string, etc. but not getting past syntax errors. Are users able to transfer ownership of views, and if so, what’s the best way to accomplish that?

You are probably getting the syntax error because you did not use double-quotes. The following is the correct way to use this query:
alter table "table/view" owner to "user";
In general, in each query, I would suggest to enclose entities in double-quotes.

Having said that, you will still get an error because only a superuser can perform a change of ownership. Our support team will be more than happy to help you with this change. All you need to do is email support@panoply.io with the list of tables/views you wish to transfer ownership and the new owner email address.

Great, thanks Alon! That makes sense, I also noticed I could only see myself when looking at pg_users. I’ll consolidate and send.