Having trouble marking columns as timestamps

faq

I’m having trouble getting data to group properly and get read by Metabase. We had some other tables where this was an issue. To solve that, we had created a view:

SELECT
"data".event,
("data".payload__event__created_at) :: timestamp without time zone AS payload__event__created_at
FROM
"public"."hubspot_primary_contact_properties_rk";

And that worked fine. But now, when I try to do something similar, I get an invalid data error. I’ve tried quite a few permutations of that sql query:

SELECT
("public"."hubspot_primary_contact_properties_rk".createdate) :: timestamp without time zone AS createdate
FROM
"public"."hubspot_primary_contact_properties_rk";

I’m not sure where things are going wrong. One is a table and the other is a view, but woudl that matter? My goal is to get the data recognized and grouped as a timestamp properly in Metabase.

I looked through the key:value rotation used to create the “public”.“hubspot_contact_properties_primary_v2_roman” view, and noticed the following:

"max"( ( (CASE
WHEN (
    (
      hubspot_contacts_properties."key"
    )
    :: text = ('createdate' :: character VARYING) :: text
  )
  THEN
  ( '1970-01-01 00:00:00' :: timestamp without time zone + ( ( ( (hubspot_contacts_properties.value) :: bigint / 1000 ) ) :: DOUBLE PRECISION * '00:00:01' :: interval ) )
  ELSE NULL :: timestamp without time zone
END ) :: character VARYING ) :: text ) AS createdate,

Looks like it was casting the column name as a text column. I changed that to timestamp without time zone and now it works as it should.