Does anyone have a Metabase deployment in production?

Hi -
I am curious if anyone has a Metabase deployment in production. I’ve been testing for weeks but it has a problem with views in postgres and I’m not certain how to overcome this based on the view concept within panoply.

Would love to hear from others.

Hi Abeltz, I am trialing it internal production, it’s been a tough road, welcome connecting.

Right now a lot of issues. Updates in panoply are not showing up in metabase. that includes

• new views
  • new tables
  • new fields in existing tables

This problem is for both materialized and non materialized tables.

The data is there, because i can access it via sql queries within metabase, but not via the normal filtering features.

Also had a full day outage, on the panoply side last week, so far this is still unexplained by Panoply

Also - the redshift driver for panoply in metabase stopped working, not sure if this is related

Bottom line a full week no resolution from panoply, except a suggestion that it may be a metabase problem. I do believe panoply are working on it, but the fact remains we are still down. Not encouraging, we were considering a broader production rollout, however we need an end to end solution that works and is reliable, we don’t have that now.

Thanks for the post @patrick1!
I see an open ticket on our side and that we’re actively reseaching the issue towards resolution. Please give our team a bit of time to resolve so we can get you back on track.
Cheers!
Jason

Hi @patrick1:slight_smile:

I already updated you in private, I would also like to update this thread.

The Metabase issue was investigated by our dev team and a fix was deployed a few hours ago.
The issue was the difference in interpretation of the TLS spec between different programming languages.

Gal

1 Like